Assorted ramblings from the developer

Release: 3.0.9

Download here [Link].

Note: The main reason for this release is the fixes to transmit with the Pluto SDR.

What's new / changed in 3.0.9:


  • The 8.333 kHz tuning rate wasn’t working properly as it’s really 8.333 recurring.
  • The Analyser now correctly processes the Invert Spectrum option (swap IQ from the recording file).
  • The Ribbon Bar, Home. Radio, Bandwidth dropdown now shows the currently selected bandwidth when using radios where the actual bandwidth may differ slightly from the displayed bandwidth (Perseus at 95, 96 and 192kHz).
  • The bit smoothing option in RDS processing was not being set correctly.
  • USB Relay option now also part of the general Program Options.
  • Broadcast FM audio recordings now always created in stereo (two channel) mode – previously the recording was restarted every time the audio switched between mono and stereo.
  • RDS logfile now has a delay option in the Database selection pane, this is designed to be used in situations where there is considerable latency, for example when using a remote server.


  • Transmit data is now controlled by a high-resolution timer with an accuracy < 1 millisecond.
  • Flow control has been added to compensate for the difference between the Pluto clock and the input device (microphone, VAC, …).
  • Added offset tuning, this ensures that the spur at the transmit LO is offset from the actual transmit frequency.

Comments are closed.

Recent Posts

  • DRM in SDR Console Posted 3 days ago
    I'm often asked to incorporate a Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM) receiver into SDR Console. The reasons why I haven't done this are: Patent / royalty issues with the audio codec, and The Dream project works well. Brendan Wahl, WA7HL, co-Moderator, of the DRM North America Newsgroup explained the lagal minefiled recently. The text below is reproduced with his permission. Hi all, got some background here for you. I've been following DRM since the beginning,  and still admire it for its broadcast quality and capabilities. The DRM system was originally written by the Frauenhofer Institute in Germany, with the first software for personal use requiring a license key that cost the individual listener somewhere around ~€49/$49. I've got one somewhere, but I haven't had to use it since the freeware "DReaM" came out. No key needed when using that software package, which is still available on Github IIRC. The original commercial software still works, but it's very simple and doesn't provide a lot of bells and whistles. I'm not sure it's available anymore. What happened was that the AAC codec (and it's variants, esp. XE-AAC...) was ...
  • Spectrum Markers Posted last week
    Now that I'm spending more time on 2m (144.5 MHz) I decided to add spectrum markers as it makes beacon identiciation easier. Here's a 2m screenshot taken today, as you can see there's not a lot happening. A simple window for adding definitions: And another for the appearance: When time permits I'll add support for adding data from a CSV file.
  • WiNRADiO Sigma (G65DDC) Posted last week
    Nils Schiffhauer dk8ok has helped me a lot in the past, so when he asked me to support the WiNRADiO Sigma aka G65DDC how could I refuse? This is a beast of a radio, I've not encountered anything like it before. There's one problem - I don't have one, so testing could have been a nightmare. However, the API is very clear and well documented. After just two days exchanging code with Nils he has now reported that the Sigma is working, and working well with the features in SDR Console that he needs. This is the first time I've added support without ever seeing the hardware, so kudos to the team at WiNRADiO. The SDK's API is here: . I'm so impressed, I may add support for more WiNRADiO radios if there's demand. Here's an example of the Sigma running with a 33.3MHz sample rate and we see the whole of HF! Support will be in version 3.0.11 of SDR Console which at the time of writing has not been released.
  • Release: 3.0.10 Posted last month
    Download here [Link]. What's new / changed in 3.0.10: General Audio device dropdown now shows a check mark next to the current device and L/R channel selection. SDRplay radios – sanity check that the default frequency is valid – must be in the range 10 kHz to 2 GHz. previously a user started with the default frequency of 10Ghz which is not supported by the SDRplay library. FM Stereo RDS logging was not working properly with multiple active receivers. Fixed a long-standing bug in the tuning bar at the bottom of the main waterfall; this was an error which existed since the code was originally written over four years ago. A determined fool-hardy user could expose the problem and crash the program. Scrolling at 8.333 kHz with rapid middle wheel spinning works properly. Identity title now optionally shown in the program title bar. DSP More taps available for filters. Corrected DSB filter editor. Narrow FM de-emphasis redesigned to avoid audio pumping. NR3 reworked. Threshold changed to Level, working much better. Filters: Changed appearance of the Filter design window. ...
  • E's To Morocco Posted last month
    A very nice opening this morning to Morocco on Band II Stereo (88 - 108MHz).
Read More »