CW Skimmer is configured to use:
- Radio type SoftRock-IF
- Sample Rate 48kHz
- Audio Signal I/O Device: the virtual audio cable
- CAT TS-2000 with the virtual serial cable
In more detail
Start CW Skimmer, from the View menu select Settings.
- Select Hardware Type SoftRock-IF, sample rate 48kHz.
- Signal I/O Device select the same virtual audio cable selected in the console,
- (Optional) Audio I/O Device select the device for audio playback.
- Press Configure to display the OmniRig settings, Select Radio 1 TS-2000, Radio 2 None.
These settings have been found to work well. Note in Rig1 the Port is part of the virtual serial cable, explained in the Console configuration. You do not want Rig2 defined so select NONE from the RigType dropdown. Set the polling interval in ms to 200ms, the default is 1000ms.
Now click the first button in the CW Skimmer toolbar - Start/Stop Radio. Two things should happen:
- A connection is made with the console via the serial cable, the console's lower frequency (left-hand side of the waterfall display) is shown in the CW Skimmer frequency windows, and
- The waterfall starts scrolling with CW signals.